CWM welcomes niche guest and featured contributors.
- Guest Contributor- No set schedule. Contributors women interest articles on own schedule.
- Featured Contributor – Contributes weekly or Monthly but on no particular date.
- Elite Contributor – Contributes weekly or Monthly on set date each week/month.
Would you like to be a guest contributor? We are always seeking guest contributors for our site. Whether it’s a one-time article or a regular column type contributor we would love to have you. You can submit once a week or once a year. There is no schedule.
Our basic expectations for featured and elite contributors include:
- Be consistent/reliable-VERY IMPORTANT!
- Have a schedule
- Keep us informed of schedule changes etc. We don’t want to chase you for articles.
If you know you cannot adhere to a pre-scheduled submission calendar, then please do not sign up for that level of contributor involvement. We understand things may change but please keep us voluntarily informed as a courtesy.
By submitting your Articles, you agree that Connected Woman Magazine has the full right to publish your articles in Connected Woman Magazine and that you are the author of your submission. We ask that all articles be original to Connected Woman Magazine and not submitted to other publications, past or current (unless Blog feature).
Please do not send us excerpts/duplicates of your written works unless requested for special promotions. No image submission is needed or requested with your article but if you have an image you would like to use then send with your submission (must be hi-resolution and usage approved from source). We want articles that are engaging and interesting on topics of interest to our target audience of women. In general, they must be professionally written and proofed for errors in grammar and spelling etc. prior to submission.
While we do not provide a written style guide that applies to every writer we ask that you use your best judgement in representing yourself and the magazine online or on paper. Develop your writing style and be confident in your writing.
Plan your editorial calendar. Know when new articles are due and make it apart of your schedule and meeting your deadline will become a part of your submission obligation. Set a tone with your writing that aligns with CWM, women (or girls) and your niche area of interest/expertise.
CWM does not want to stifle your writing style so while we have no length maximums, articles of 500-800 words are great.
Submissions should be:
- Original works for CW Magazine (not previously published or excerpts) double-spaced in WORD format. Spell-checked and thoroughly reviewed and edited. We are not interested in rough drafts.
- Email submissions only via email or Dropbox.
- Authors retain rights but please credit us as original publisher if your work is republished.
- Your article title and name in the subject heading.
- First-time submissions should be submitted with a short bio for yourself and photo (hi-res preferred)
Please send all complete submissions or general submission questions in a professional email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include your full bio (or link thereto), your website url (if business related) and a short message why you want to contribute to CWM and its readers. Please do not email us without following directives on this page or to approve individual articles.
We do not guarantee response to incomplete submissions. If you provide your photo it will be added to your bio information and noted with each submission but if not submitted your article will reflect you are a guest contributor but your name will still be noted in title.
- Featured Weekly, Monthly and Elite Column contributors will be reviewed for their own page upon submission of several articles on a monthly or weekly basic. Must have web presence/able to verify identity/expertise. We do not wish to feature people using “aliases” or stock photos to shield their identity. Please have at least a basic website/blog/facebook business page or aboutme page of your own to direct readers to for your other work or for more information on you.
*do not include third-party affiliate links/ads in articles
*These are non-compensation based roles
ARE YOU AN ASPIRING WRITER WHO WANTS TO BUILD YOUR WRITING PORTFOLIO? WE ARE ALWAYS LOOKING FOR GUEST CONTRIBUTORS. TOPICS WE ARE INTERESTED IN ARE :
THE WORKING WOMAN /CAREERS
What do our readers look like?
Women: 80%+ of our audience is female
Young: 69%+ of our audience is 25-54.
Location: 65% of our audience is in the United States.
Always include proper attribution of data, quotations, and other third-party content referenced in the article.
Remember our main demographic is women.
Each Article should be “connected”:
- Articles should be selfless. This means that articles should not be an “ode” to your business and services if you are a business owner. They should be informative and interesting and not used as a full on promotion ad for only you.
- We encourage personal journeys that other women can relate to, where they can find encouragement, tips, advice, and motivation.
- We are happy to promote contributor events and endeavors separately.
NEW FEATURE SEGMENTS
-The Minority Reality
With a focus on women of color.