Laura E. Knights, “The M-Powerment Coach,” is an author, speaker, and coach that has been developing career and life skills success programs for youth and adults for the last 13 years. Her expertise and background in both business and social work, uniquely equip her to teach others how to deal with both the “head work” and “heart work” required to succeed in any career and in life. Through her work, she helps individuals get MOTIVATED to unlock their passion and purpose and move beyond negative, limiting belief systems; start MOVING to design their authentic action plan; and gain MOMENTUM to create the life they desire. and business that supports making a difference.
1. Favorite food? My problem is that I love all food, lol. However, as of late, my family has really been into Mexican cuisine. We make lots of turkey tacos, fajitas, and guacamole at home.
2. Last book I read? The Power of Habit by Charles Duhigg….it’s a powerful read that reminds us that both our good and our bad habits are a result of the routines that we’ve set up in our lives. The book eloquently explains that our daily routines and habits are triggered by consistent occurrences, and we have the power to change our habits by changing our routines. I was so inspired by the book, I created a two-part digital self-study course called Goals that Stick! based on some of the insights from the book. The course is available on my website.
3. Shoes, Purses, or Clothes? It is definitely a tie between shoes and clothes. A signature piece can make an outfit, but so can some fabulous shoes! I have been doing a lot of thrifting and consignment shopping lately, and have gotten some really great retro pieces.
4. Manicure/Pedicure Definitely pedicure! I am so hard on my hands, I rarely get more than clear polish on my nails. But, I will definitely take a trip to the nail salon to get my feet done.
5. Immediate Family? I have been married to my wonderful husband Marshall Knights for 10 years. He’s an artist/musician/producer and his creativity just amazes me. He’s spontaneous and a fly-by-the-seat-of-the-pants kind of guy, lol. I’m more of an organized planner. We are the complete opposites, but that’s why it works. He helps me to be more carefree and live in the moment, and I balance him out by helping him plan and organize for the present and the future. We have a four-year old daughter, Kai, who is also a creative little soul that loves to sing, dance, and do art projects. We also have a blond pit bull mastiff named Rocco. We are an enterprising little family. Our first family project, Noonie’s World Children’s Books, a series of children’s books inspired by our daughter, that will launch in May!
Learn more about Laura and her work at www.lauraeknights.com.
Latest posts by Connected Woman Magazine (see all)
- The Purpose of Her Pain
Maleeka Hollaway was stuck in an abusive marriage but eventually found her way to the purpose that was there all the time. - August 21, 2017
- Her First Love
Alexandria Barlowe hit her lowest point, it was then that real love --for herself-- showed up and saved the day. - August 14, 2017
- Closing the Gap to Your Generational Wealth
Tashawna Chisholm, Senior Financial Strategisttackles the stepping stones to managing your money now for a strong future. - July 31, 2017